The idea of wearing the Sporting shirt in the ninja was natural…..only those who are from Sporting know the meaning of being green and white with the black shorts!
I remember various chapters of my relationship with Sporting:
- I remember jumping, with my brother Travassos, like nutters, during the the championship of 81 (I was 4/5 years old). Yes, the name of my brother is Travassos after the Sporting player, this shows the “sportinguismo” of my father.
- When I was 9 years old, I saw the small team of my city, Sertanense, beating Benfica 7-1.
- Visiting Lisbon on a school trip, I saw Balakov right next to me….it was an amazing experience.
- Being a fireman in my city and being named Travassos because of my brother, he also was a fireman before me. From that day I’m known as Travassos.
- The first Sporting game that I saw in Alvalade, was against União da Madeira (3-1). I don’t know why, but the music during the break is still in my mind.
- I went to the old training camp and saw the juniors playing and received a signed shirt
- I went to Porto (without a ticket to see the match) and saw the match against Salgueiros, the match that gave us the championship, then danced in Aliados until I had to go back to Lisbon.
- Working as an engineer and collaborating on the new stadium project and passing by the construction site every day when I went to work
- To be in the opening game of the new stadium against Manchester United
- When I became a member of Sporting
- Sporting’s reply to my email regarding the Ninja Project and entering Sporting’s facilities for the first time
More chapters to come….for sure!!!!
For now, I will be writing stories and taking pictures and videos of the world